olive oil right before digging in et voila!!
It is very important to soak the lentils, preferably overnight before cooking them. This will save you a lot of cooking time! What I like to do, like I show in this video of how to cook raw beans, is to soak a massive amount of lentils at one. I then separate the lentils into 2 or 3 cups servings in a ziplock and I freeze them. When needed, I just pop them straight from the freezer, quickly rinse them and cook them like shown in my recipe demonstration video.
- Soak lentils overnight.
- In a large pan, add 2 cups of lentils, 1 chopped onion, 3 or 4 garlic gloves and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil and remove the foam when it starts forming.
- When the garlic is soft enough, discard the skin and dissolve the garlic in the water.
- Add water if needed, season with salt after the lentils are cooked through. Add chopped parley and serve.
- Drizzle with a little bit of olive oil before enjoying!! Best served with whole wheat Bread =)