Hello and Welcome to Healthy, one Recipe at a Time...
Don't forget to use the search button bellow to browse all recipes on this blog <3

Jan 16, 2012

How to eat beets!! (Super Food)


There aren't many ways of eating beets. You either shred them raw on your salad (I have never tried them this way) or boil them in water for 3 to 4 hours depending on the size of the beets. Unless you want to alter their natural taste and come up with a new and creative way of eating them of course. Adding a light dressing (lemon juice, a few grains of salt and a tiny bit of olive oil) helps bring out their unique flavor even more when eaten as a salad. And I am not even going to talk about their gorgeous color!!


There are numerous benefits known to beets which you can read about here. But what I personal love about them, other than their taste is the fact that they are a natural laxative that will get your bowels moving in a few hours.


My secret is that I used to eat a lot of beets for a few months and it 
helped me shed a LOT of weight (25 pounds)!! 


Watch a quick clip of how I cook and present the beets!
For my salad dressing, I use a splash of lemon juice, a pinch of salt, I drizzle with a little bit of olive oil and sometimes a teaspoon of mustard (omit the salt if you use mustard) and voila!! DELICIOUS!

I always feel refreshed and cleansed after eating beets, especially if I have a big plate of this purple magic food =)

See you next time,
I love you guys to beets =)

1 comment:

  1. Hello. For a salad idea, my mother makes a salad of beets, carrots and apple, all sliced in tiny ribbons. You can add cabbage instead of apple, or just mix the beets and carrots, add some oil and vinegar. Its super tasty with chicken on the side.
    And I forgot, I love your cooking, keep up with the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...