did not stop me from making my favorite dish EVER!! This recipe is very flexible and you can pretty much use whatever veggies you have and it will turn out perfect every time.
- 1 1/2 lbs beef shank
- 3 onions
- 5 carrots
- 4 zucchinis
- 1/2 a medium butternut squash
- 3 potatoes
- 1/2 cup soaked chickpeas
- 1 bouquet of parsley
- 1 bouquet of cilantro
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 1/2 cups instant plain couscous
- 1 Tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp of olive oil
- Spices: salt, ginger powder, black pepper, turmeric powder, (to taste)
- In a large pan brown the meat with the spices and 2 chopped onions. Cover with water, add the fresh herbs and let cook until the meat is tender (2 to 3 hours on medium heat). Add soaked chickpeas after 30 minutes and let them cook with the meat.
- Prepare the veggies by peeling them and cutting the as shown in the video.
- When the meat is cooked through, remove from the pan, save some of the broth and add the veggies to cook. adjust the spices.
- Meanwhile, in a small pan, add 1 chopped onions with the golden raisins, salt and cinnamon. Cover and let cook for 10 to 15 minutes. Add some of the vegetables broth to cover the raisins and cook for another 15 to 20 minutes or until the raisins are soft and caramelized.
- In another sauce pan, cook the couscous as directed in the instant couscous package using the meat and vegetables broth.
- Serve the couscous as shown in the video. Start by placing the fluffed couscous, top with the meat, and then place the veggies all around. Top with the caramelized raisins or serve them separately.