Here is a healthier, lighter and to my taste more delicious version of it.
I'm going to let the pictures speak for themselves and dive right into the recipe.
- In a large pan cook the chopped onions with the grated garlic covered until soft.
- Cook the noodles as directed in the package.
- In a large bowl chop the spinach and add half the cooked onions and Bechamel sauce. Mix well.
- For the tomato sauce, add the cubed tomatoes to the other half of the cooked onions until soft. Season with salt, cumin, black pepper and paprika.
- In a Lasagna baking dish spread just enough tomato sauce to cover the bottom. Lay your noodles. Dip a brush in 1 tbsp of olive oil and coat the noodles as you dispose them. Then, coat them with half of the spinach mixture. Arrange a second layer of noodles, brush with olive oil and cover them with the remaining spinach mixture. Onto your third and last layer of noodles, grease with olive oil and cover with the tomato sauce. Sprinkle the last cup of cheese on top.
- Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 20 min.