These Muffins go great with coffee, they make a great breakfast or snack. I make a batch and place it in an air tight container in the fridge, that way I have a
quick, easy and delicious go-to breakfast for the rest of the week, all I have to do is pop them in a 300F (150C) oven for a few minutes to preheat before enjoying!
- 1/2 cup butter (110 g)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar (150 g)
- 2 eggs
- 4 large ripped bananas
- 2 tbsp cinnamon (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup walnuts (optional)
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
**tsp= teaspoon, tbsp= tablespoonVideo Recipe
- Prepare the muffins tray by either greasing and flouring it or by placing individual muffin papers in it.
- Mash the bananas coat with the Cinnamon, do not mix until ready to use to avoid the bananas from browning.
- Mix flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder and set a side.
- Beat softened butter with a beater until creamy. Add the brown sugar and keep mixing for a few minutes until fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat well after each one for a few minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 350F.
- Switch from the electrical beater to a wooden spatula; add the mashed bananas to the egg mixture and incorporate gently without over mixing; add the walnuts.
- Add the flour mixture in 2 times and carefully incorporate; do not over mix.
- Bake for 22- 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
This Recipe makes 12 muffins (12 servings)
Per Serving: 234 calories, 38 g carbs, 9 g fat, 4 g Protein