more bread-like dough.
Except for the puff pastry which a lot of waiting game since after each fold the dough needs to rest for 30 minutes in the fridge, the rest of this recipe is a lot of fun.
- 1 pack dry instant yeast (7g)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (240g)
- 1 1/2 tsp salt (5g)
- 3 Tbsp sugar (45g)
- 1/2 cup milk (125ml)
- 1/2 cup water (125 ml)
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 sticks of butter (230g)
- 2 cups Pastry Cream
- 2 1/2 cups raisins (350g)
- Cover the raisins with cold water and let them soak over night.
- 1. fold it like an envelop: 1 fold2. fold it like a book: 1.5 foldsPlace in the fridge for 30 minutes and repeat 6 folds are completed, before placing the dough in the fridge overnight.
- Drain, rinse and dry the raisins.
- Roll out the dough into as thin and large of a rectangle as you can. Spread a thin layer of the pastry cream. Sprinkle the raisins. Roll the dough on itself starting from the larger edge. Finally, with a sharp knife cut 1 inch (2.4 cm) rolls, place in a baking sheet and allow to rise for 1 hour.
- Brush the rolls with an egg wash (1 egg yolk and 2 tsp milk) and bake in a preheated oven of 400F (200C) for 12 minutes.
- In a small sauce pan, bring 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water to a boil to make a syrup. Brush the rolls with the syrup after they are baked and place them back in the over for an extra 2 minutes. This will make them look extra shiny and even more mouthwatering!!!