I am a butternut squash lover I could eat it all day everyday without even adding salt to it (I know, I’m weird), so I steamed some as a side. I also thought that wasting all those flavors from the salmon and the marinating sauce would be a sin, so I shredded up a couple zucchinis and the residue after removing the salmon. I sautéed them for a few minutes in all the goodness and voila!
Of course you can have any side you’d like with this. Mashed potatoes, pilaf rice, broccoli, to name a few. I’d love to hear what kind of side dishes you’d serve this salmon, so let me know in a comment.
- 1 lbs salmon fillet
- 1 tsp freshly grated garlic
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp spicy brown mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp olive oil
- Mix all the ingredients together before adding the salmon and coating it with the sauce.
- Marinate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Cook on a large heavy pan, for 12 minutes on each side or until cooked through.