Lasagna is my favorite food of all time... Here is a healthier, lighter and to my taste more delicious version of it.
I'm going to let the pictures speak for themselves and dive right into the recipe.
- 8 oz Lasagna (about 10 CREAMETTE noodles)
- 16 oz fresh
- 3 large onions chopped into small cubes
- 23 oz tomato sauce
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes
- 3 cups shredded mozarella cheese
- 1 cup ground turkey
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Chop the fresh spinach and sautee it with the onions in 1 tbsp of olive oil and a little bit of salt and pepper. Cook until onions are tender-crisp. Add a little bit of milk if needed to make the mixture a little moist an combine with 1 cup of cheese to make it creamy. It is very important that your mixture is thick at this point.
- In another pan, mix the tomato sauce and the diced tomatoes. Add salt, cumin and garlic. Cover and let it boil until it thickens. Add the ground turkey (precooked) and sprinkle thyme and 1 cup of cheese. Just like the spinach mixture; your tomato mixture has to be thick at this point.
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Bring a large pot of slightly salted water to a boil. Add in your noodles and cook for 10-15 min or until soft.
- In a 9x13 baking dish spread just enough tomato sauce to cover the bottom. Lay your noodles. Dip a brush in 1 tbsp of olive oil and caute the noodles as you dispose them. Then, coat them with half of the spinach mixture. Arrange a second layer of noodles, brush with olive oil and cover them with the remaining spinach mixture. Onto your third and last layer of noodles, grease with olive oil and cover with the tomato sauce. Sprinkle the last cup of cheese on top.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 25 min.
Let me know how it turned out!
If you have any questions or concerns please let me know in the comments bellow.
Check out Vegetable Lasagna Recipe.