Have you ever wondered how to roast a chicken?
In this post I am sharing with you the secret of a super easy and relatively quick way for a perfectly tender and flavored chicken with a golden brown crispy skin.
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 lemon
- 2 chopped onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- black pepper to taste
- 1 bouquet of fresh parsley
TO PREP & CLEAN THE CHICKEN
- Rise the whole chicken thoroughly with cold water and rub salt on its skin.
- Place chicken in a big container so that it's soaked in salted water. Cut up a lemon and add it to the water.
- This will help kill any bacteria and get rid of any unwanted smells.
- Marinated the chicken in the salted water and diced lemon for about 2 hours in the fridge before rising it.
- At this point you can either cook the chicken or freeze it.
- To thaw the chicken, simply place in a large container filled with cold water and let it slowly defrost in the fridge.
- Place chopped onions and garlic cloves into a big pot; season with salt and garlic. Cover and let the onions soften.
- Add the chicken and let it brown from one side for about 15 minutes. Turn the chicken around and brown the other side.
- Add water to the pot until half the chicken is covered; make sure the breast side of the chicken is in the water.
- Add the bouquet of fresh parsley.
- Cook for 40 to 45 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Preheat the oven at 400F
- Transfer to a baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes.
You can reduce the water where the chicken cooked until it becomes like a sauce consistency and serve it with the roasted chicken. Or you can use it to cook up some rice or veggies as a side dish.