- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 egg yolk + 1 tbsp water
- Mix the flour, salt, sugar and dry yeast together.
- Gradually add the warm water to the dry ingredient.
- Knead the dough for 8-10 minutes until soft and elastic (add a few drops of water if needed while kneading).
- Let rise for 40-60 minutes or until the dough doubles in size.
- To shape the baguettes, divide the dough in half and each half into a rectangle. Roll the rectangle on itself starting from the longer edge. Pinch the dough on the edges to seal. Cut 3 or 4 times the baguettes with a sharp knife.
- Let rise 20-30 minutes.
- Beat the egg yolk and tablespoon of water and brush the baguettes with it.
- Bake at 350F for 20 minutes.
Nutritional Information for 1 serving (2.5oz):